Join us at Peak Professional Group as we teach all about how to manage everyday stress and anxiety through a variety of techniques and skills.
This six week Empowerment Group for women will begin on March 10, 2017 from 5:30pm-7:00pm at our Apex location and will encompass the following areas:
Week 1- Laying the Foundation for Core Mindfulness Skills
- Introduction to Dialectical Behavioral Therapy concepts
Week 2- Relaxation and Distress Tolerance Skills
- Introduction to anxiety disorders, the physiological and emotional symptoms, and benefits of mindfulness
Week 3- Wise Mind- Sharpening Inner Knowing and Intuition
- Exploring the concepts of wise mind, the balance between emotion mind and the rational mind- learn how to access and experience truth
Week 4- Emotion Regulation- Check the Facts
- Explore the key components to your anxiety disorder and how to check the facts.
Week 5- Healthy Boundaries and Assertiveness in Relationships
- Explore difficulties in their interpersonal relationships and review different types of communication, learn how to be more assertive and how to say "No".
Week 6- Build Mastery and Cope Ahead.
- Learn to use strategies to focus on the small things that make us feel good, identifying personal strengths and resources.
Cost is $25.00/Session.
About this Woman Warrior!
Samantha Afanador is a Licensed Professional Counselor and the proud owner of a private counseling practice in Apex, North Carolina Peak Professional Group. She has over 20 years of experience in the mental health field and has been a woman warrior since the very tender age of 16 when she first stood up for women's rights in the Dominican Republic. She has played many roles in her life and uses her sense of humor, authentic projection of herself and her clinical knowledge to support and mentor those around her.